The Ewer w/ Sarah Wells Rolland
This online video workshop is lively as well as very informative. Sharing the process of this unique form should inspire all of us to push our limits as potters and push the limits of clay. We will cover many techniques. My goal is to stretch our thinking when making and designing pots. Integrated design of pots with many parts is truly a potters challenge. The making of this complicated pot is perfect for our great discussion about design and training our eye to see.
We will cover:
- Throwing w/excellence
- Throwing with larger volumes of clay
- Making a lid for an altered form
- Advanced altering techniques
- Added thrown attachments
- Making a long curved spout
- Pulling a large handle off the pot
- How to glaze this complicated form and not ruin it
- Function and why it matters
I will have several ewers in the different stages so we can all see this pot made to completion in the set 2 hours.
Hang on to you potters stool because you are in for a wild ride!