Throwing with Finesse: Part 1 with Sarah Wells Rolland
Day/Time: Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm
Dates: March 13 – 17, 2023
Whether you are a professional potter, aspiring to be, or a hobbyist this class is for you.
Sarah will partner with you on a path of throwing with excellence. As you develop a relationship with your clay, grow in your understanding of the properties of clay and the nuances of moving clay, the more adept and creative you become.
Each student will be set up to push their current skill set beyond their current level. Whether you are a seasoned beginner or intermediate to advanced potter this class will be customized to your needs. We will have lively discussions, sharing and “what if’s” will be explored. This is always a favorite part of Sarah’s classes.
Skill level: Seasoned Beginner – Intermediate
We will hone our skills and explore how a pot evolves and changes.
Including emphasis on multiple techniques:
- Efficient throwing, using all the clay
- Balancing your pull with wheel speed for even walls and clay strength
- Choking clay successfully
- Problem solving and avoiding problems
- Moving larger volumes of clay
- Using ribs for their intended purpose
- Handles and attachments that are clean, balanced and accent the form
Demonstrations will begin every day at 9 am. Sarah will work with you individually until 3 pm. The studio will be open until 6 pm each day.
Students will purchase clay directly from the Village Potters Clay Center the week of the workshop.
Open studio hours will be from 3-6pm each day.
Several weeks before the workshop you will receive the details of what to expect, what to bring, materials list, and directions to the studio.
Please contact The Village Potters Clay Center if you have any questions about this workshop.
Click HERE for suggested accommodations located near The Village Potters Clay Center.
- Cancellation up to 45 days prior to the start of class/workshop, students receive a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within less than 45 days of the start of class/workshop, students receive no refund.