Learn to make pots on the potters wheel and Nurture your Creative self. Take time to relax and let out some creative energy by learning to make pots on the potters wheel. This six-week class is designed to develop basic throwing skills on the wheel.
The class includes 25 lbs of clay, your glazes, firings, and a total 12 hours of open studio during the session.
You must read, understand, and be willing to abide by the safety guidelines listed below to register for this class.
*Last day of class is 1-hour longer than previous classes due to more time needed for glazing your work.
Students are asked to bring a basic set of throwing tools which are also available for purchase in our gallery.
Please CLICK HERE to read our current Teaching Center Policies & Procedures. Registration for class signifies agreement and compliance with these policies.
Skill Level 101/102
View our full SKILL LEVEL GUIDE FOR CLASSES.
TYPE OF STUDENT:
This class is designed for students new to working with clay and looking to explore simpler, beginning forms and vessels.
EXISTING SKILLS SET RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS:
In order to be successful in this class, no previous experience working with clay is needed.
Other Important Facility Information:
- Our facility is wheelchair accessible via a ramp entrance at the Gallery.
- During daytime classes, please park across the parking lot and not directly in front of the building.
- Enter the teaching center through the double gray doors to the left of our gallery entrance.
- Report any problems or concerns immediately to your instructor or to a member of The Village Potters.
- Public Bathrooms are to be used and located down the hall from the classroom. Follow signs.
- No cell phone use in class unless you are taking pictures of pots.
- Only students enrolled in classes may sign up for the open studio time.
- Ask before you use use a piece of equipment that you aren’t familiar with.
- No smoking in or outside of The Village Potters.
- Because of space and liability issues, guests are not allowed in the Teaching Center during classes or Open Studio.
- Open Studio access must be signed up for in advance using the online calendar link via Calendly. Your instructor will share that sign up link with you.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.