Throwing with Finesse: Part 1 with Sarah Wells Rolland
Five-Day Week-Long Workshop
Dates: Aug 29 – Sept 2 2022
Whether you are a professional potter, aspiring to be, or a hobbyist this class is for you.
Sarah will partner with you on a path of throwing with excellence. Developing a relationship with your clay, growing in your understanding of the properties of clay and the nuances of moving clay the more adept and creative you become.
Each student will be set up to push their current skill set beyond their current level. Whether you are a seasoned beginner or intermediate to advanced potter this class will be customized to your needs. We will have lively discussions, sharing and “what if’s” will be explored. This is always a favorite part of Sarah’s classes.
Skill level: Seasoned Beginner – Intermediate
We will hone our skills and explore how a pot evolves and changes.
Including emphasis on multiple techniques:
- Efficient throwing, using all the clay
- Balancing your pull with wheel speed for even walls and clay strength
- Choking clay successfully
- Problem solving and avoiding problems
- Moving larger volumes of clay
- Using ribs for their intended purpose
- Handles and attachments that are clean, balanced and accent the form We will explore in greater depth the keys to successful glazing. You will have the option of cone 10 reduction or cone 6 oxidation.
Demonstrations will begin every day at 9 am. Sarah will work with you individually until 3 pm. The studio will be open until 6 pm each day.
Upon registration you will receive the details of what to bring.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.
- Covid Vaccination card required to attend at this time.
- In the event we cancel due to covid restrictions you will receive a full refund.