Come join Julia Mann for a specialized 8-week class. Vessels and pieces that are made to pour are a wonderful challenge for the intermediate potter. It affords you the opportunity to sharpen your skills while making integrated design decisions as well.
Julia will guide you through throwing pitchers, teapots, and other forms that pour.
Julia is an excellent instructor and works closely with each potter with a commitment to the success with each project.
***If you are comfortably and consistently centering and moving 2 to 3 pounds of clay, this intermediate throwing class may be for you. If you have any questions whether or not you are ready for this intermediate class just give us a call at (828) 253-2424.
Cone 10 firings.
Reviews from former students:
Julia Mann’s class is a must-take for any intermediate potter! The class has a realistic pace and provides studio time between sessions to complete each piece. Julia’s demos are clear and she adapts them to the design ideas of each student. Hard parts? Julia will walk you through them. If you get stuck while throwing (making the same mistake over and over), Julia can watch your technique, identify exactly what you are doing wrong, and tell you what you need to change. She is patient and encouraging, and wants every student to succeed. At the end of the class, all pieces are fired to Cone 10, which can add beautiful reduction effects to the glazes. Don’t miss the opportunity to take this class (or any other) from Julia Mann! – Barbara Hebert
IMPORTANT: ALL STUDENTS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED TO ENROLL
Please CLICK HERE to read our current COVID-19 Protocols and Policies. Registration for class signifies agreement and compliance with these policies.
Other Important Facility Information:
- Our facility is wheelchair accessible via a ramp entrance at the Gallery.
- During daytime classes, please park across the parking lot and not directly in front of the building.
- Enter the teaching center through the double gray doors to the left of our gallery entrance.
- Report any problems or concerns immediately to your instructor or to a member of The Village Potters.
- Public Bathrooms are to be used and located down the hall from the classroom. Follow signs.
- No cell phone use in class unless you are taking pictures of pots.
- Only students enrolled in classes may sign up for the open studio time.
- Ask before you use use a piece of equipment that you aren’t familiar with.
- No smoking in or outside of The Village Potters.
- Because of space and liability issues, guests are not allowed in the Teaching Center during classes or Open Studio.
- Open Studio access must be signed up for in advance using the online calendar link via Calendly. Your instructor will share that sign up link with you.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.