Throwing Bigger Pots with Sarah Wells Rolland
Together we will explore forms that lend themselves to making a Big presence.
Sarah loves to teach this workshop and has many previous students who now have big pots in their body of work. This workshop is challenging, fun and lively. We will be taking risks and loving it!
We will cover: Throwing with excellence, throwing in sections, throwing tall, throwing wide, creating forms to celebrate the join and forms with lines of integrity that completely loose the join, adding coils on the wheel to embellish your pots, explore textured slabs on thrown pieces, multiple approaches to joins, and applying slip for texture and movement.
We will discuss form, line, balance, proportion and originality as we design and create Bigger pots.
This throwing experience is designed for the potter that wants to push into new territory and expand their skill set. By the end of the week you will be an even better and a more passionate potter.
Dates: April 15-19, 2024
Mon-Friday 9-3 pm
- If you can move 3-4 lbs of clay efficiently then you are ready for this class.
- The studio will be open at 8 am and available for extended hours until 5 pm (though usually you will need the rest for the next day).
Please contact The Village Potters Clay Center if you have any questions about this workshop.
Click HERE for suggested accommodations located near The Village Potters Clay Center.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.
- Covid Vaccination card required to attend at this time.
- In the event we cancel due to covid restrictions you will receive a full refund.