In this exciting handbuilding class (8-weeks long) we will cover basic techniques – intermediate projects including soft and firm slab construction using templates and molds. We will learn about adding accessories and experimenting with texture. The class is appropriate for the beginner – intermediate potters to learn more and improve your skills.
*Last day of class is an 1-hour longer than previous classes due to more time needed for glazing your work.
Please CLICK HERE to read our current Teaching Center Policies & Procedures. Registration for class signifies agreement and compliance with these policies.
Other Important Facility Information:
- Our facility is wheelchair accessible via a ramp entrance at the Gallery.
- During daytime classes, please park across the parking lot and not directly in front of the building.
- Enter the teaching center through the double gray doors to the left of our gallery entrance.
- Report any problems or concerns immediately to your instructor or to a member of The Village Potters.
- Public Bathrooms are to be used and located down the hall from the classroom. Follow signs.
- No cell phone use in class unless you are taking pictures of pots.
- Only students enrolled in classes may sign up for the open studio time.
- Ask before you use use a piece of equipment that you aren’t familiar with.
- No smoking in or outside of The Village Potters.
- Because of space and liability issues, guests are not allowed in the Teaching Center during classes or Open Studio.
- Open Studio access must be signed up for in advance using the online calendar link via Calendly. Your instructor will share that sign up link with you.
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the start of class, students receive a full refund (minus a $50 administrative fee).
- Cancellation within 29-0 days of the start of class, students receive no refund.